Pool cleaners are tools that help pool owners to clean their pools. But we do not know about suction vs pressure pool cleaners. There are many best pool cleaning tools, including manual, suction, pressure, and robotic/automatic pool cleaners. Are you wasting more time cleaning your pool than swimming and resting? If so, consider purchasing the best pool cleaner as a solution. There are a lot of pool cleaners out there, but you have to find out the best pool cleaner.
Pool cleaners are handy because they allow pool owners to eliminate much of the pool maintenance work virtually. But what type of cleaner is perfect for your pool? A search for different types of cleaners reveals three different types: suction, pressure, and robotic. See the information below to learn more about cleaners and the pros and cons of each type of cleaner.
Suction VS Pressure Pool Cleaners – What are the differences between suction and pressure pool cleaners?
Suction vs Pressure Pool Cleaners:
When it comes to pool cleaning, there are two primary types of pool cleaners: suction and pressure. While both offer efficient and effective ways to keep your pool clean, they do differ in some key areas. Here is a breakdown of the differences between the two.
1. Cleaning Power:
When it comes to cleaning power, pressure pool cleaners provide more powerful suction than their suction counterparts due to their higher water flow rate. This allows them to effectively remove dirt and debris from harder-to-reach places like steps and corners that can be hard for suction-type cleaners to get into.
2. Navigation System:
The navigation system is what helps each type of cleaner move around the pool and pick up debris. Suction cleaners rely on a basic system that uses the force of water flowing back into the pool to help them move, while pressure cleaners have an independent propulsion system that allows them to move in a more efficient and direct manner.
When it comes to cost, suction cleaners tend to be much cheaper than their pressure counterparts. This is primarily due to their simpler design, as well as their reliance on existing pool equipment (e.g., skimmer or pump). Pressure cleaners are more expensive since they require additional components such as booster pumps for optimal performance.
In terms of maintenance, suction cleaners typically require less upkeep than their pressure counterparts. This is because suction cleaners don’t rely on additional components and are typically much simpler to maintain. Pressure pool cleaners, however, require more upkeep due to the presence of additional parts that need to be serviced and replaced periodically.
Both types of pool cleaners can provide an effective and efficient way to keep your pool clean; however, they do have some key differences in terms of cleaning power, navigation system, cost and maintenance that should be taken into consideration when deciding which one is right for you. Ultimately, the type of cleaner you choose should depend on your specific needs and budget.
Types of Pool Cleaners – Suction vs. Pressure vs. Robotic:
1. Suction Side Pool Cleaner:
Suction cleaners are the most popular type and can be used in an above-ground or ground pool. The suction cleaners are connected to the filtration system and use the suction to move the particles accumulated on the bottom and the walls of the pool. The suction side pool cleaners are automatic and activated to remove waste from the bottom of the pool. This type of model is useful even to reach the corners of swimming pools (more effective than models with casters).
Advantages: cheaper, fewer moving parts, easy maintenance.
Disadvantages: increased pressure on the filter requires a swimming pool pump.
Zodiac barracuda pool cleaner is a suction-side pool cleaner that is perfect for ground pools and also works with all types of pool surfaces. It has a movable one part for easy maintenance. It works well with both high and low-speed pumps. It can wash the walls, floors, and steps of your swimming pool. Most bottom-cleaning versions will only travel on the base of the pool. It is also going to clean the vertical part of the pool stairs few other pool cleaners will soon touch it.
- Product Dimensions 40.9*18.2*8.5 inches
- Product Weight 18.2 pounds
- It includes a 39” hose.
- Super easy installation.
- Easily removable filter cassette.
- Hose resistance for scuffs, wear, and tear.
- From getting stuck in the corners, of the wheel deflector prevents.
Poolvergnuegen PV896584000013 Hayward can clean all kinds of garbage from your pool as fast as you want. This one is very much suitable for any type of pool, and that makes your pool cleaning process effortless. Its debris management system is fantastic. It can give you better pool coverage. To maintain the same level of suction, it automatically adjusts the turbine vanes. This pool cleaner has various preprogrammed steering sequences. This inground pool cleaner works on vinyl, tile, pebble, gunite, and fiberglass.
- Product Dimensions 41*13*13 inches.
- Product Weight 16.09 pounds.
- Debris management system hassle-free.
- Three interchangeable throats for optimizing performance.
- Accessible to interchangeable throats.
- It comes with Patented knobbed versatile tires.
- This suction-side cleaner is quiet.
- Automatic steering system.
XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction pool cleaner requires a 1600 GHP or ¾ hp pump to function correctly. This pool is ideal for cleaning the bottom wall and surface. No electricity and no tools are required. For better performance, connect to pump a minimum of 1 HP power and filter required to clean weekly. This suction pool cleaner can clean algae small pool dust and dirt. It is a versatile and innovative pool cleaner that effortlessly vacuums and cleans in-ground pools.
- Product Dimensions 40.5* 5.5* 17.5 inches
- Product weight 15 pounds
- Up 30’ pool, ten hoses include.
- Freely moveable flapper for preventing debris.
- No electricity and pools are required.
- For keeping balance properly, use the seat clip.
- It comes with a testing kit for testing the level of the chemicals in the pool.
2. Pressure Side Pool Cleaners:
Pressure side pool cleaner uses water pressure to clean. This type of model uses the water that has already passed through the pump to clean the pool. Pressure washers reduce the use of the filtering system because they collect the waste and store it in a bag instead of passing it through the filter. Depending on the size of the pool, a booster pump may be necessary. Pressure side pool cleaner uses a filtration bag, attached to the cleaner to contain any dirt and debris, thus relieving pressure and wear and tear on your filtration system. It will also help reduce the need for backwashing.
Advantages: Lower cost, easy maintenance, relieves pressure on the filter
Disadvantages: It May require an additional pump, requires a pool pump.
This is a very famous brand worldwide for pool cleaning. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 pressure side pool cleaner works in all ground pools of any shape and size. Its booster pump provides optimal power to clean even the most considerable debris. This machine is straightforward to install and does not need any booster pump for installation.
- Product Dimensions 20*10*22.8 inches.
- The product Weight is 15.62 pounds.
- Advanced triple jets are cleaning technology.
- The backup valve assists in getting it unstuck from corners.
- No booster pump is required and operates in a pool circulation pump.
- Large capacity filter bag.
- It works with a booster pump.
- Include accessories: operating instructions, filter bag, and 31-foot hose kit.
- The box included hose floats, feed hose, eyeball regulators, sweep hose, head float, and an all-purpose filter bag.
Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner is constructed with a debris channel and an oversized intake throat. You can easily clean the waterline, steps, walls, and floor with this pool cleaner. This letro legend can hold both medium and small-sized debris in its filter bags such as acorns, leaves, and pebbles. It uses optimal power entirely and quickly cleans your in-ground swimming pool.
- Product Dimensions 23.5 * 23.5 * 11 inches
- Product Weight 22 pounds
- The innovative new design features threaded wheels and a hydrodynamic body.
- High-capacity debris bag with four-wheel versatility.
- Twist lock system for hassle-free bag cleaning.
- Comes with a 30’ hose.
Hayward TVP500C TriVac 500 Pressure Cleaner has the capacity of faster clean almost all areas of the pool floor. This Hayward can easily cover the wall, and any area of the pool just need a wide vacuum nozzle. It offers the best obstacle avoidance and pool coverage. It comes with an extra-large debris bag for making maintenance simple. For proper installation, it needs a Hayward booster pump that uses up to 40% less electricity than others. These device rates are regularly high among the best pressure side pool cleaner reviews. It provides excellent service to those who purchase it, just need to scrutinize it.
- Product Dimensions: 17* 14 * 11 inches
- Product Weight 12 pounds.
- Low friction wheels.
- The backup system is unique to turn fast and cleaner.
- Sturdy sweep hose and full vacuum nozzle.
- Patented Aqua drive system water jet technology.
- Three high-pressure water jets with a large suction inlet.
- 500 Trivac powerful suction for quickly capturing debris from cover, floors, and walls.
The main types of pool cleaners include robotic cleaners, suction pool cleaners (vacuum cleaners), pressure pool cleaners, and manual pool cleaners (such as scum nets). Pool cleaners remove waste, leaves, mud, insects, sand, and small rocks. They are easy to use and can be left in the pool without requiring maintenance. Designed to work quickly and quietly, with an automatic best pool cleaner, you will spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying swimming! Hope you’ll get your full answer about suction vs pressure pool cleaners.
3. Robotic Pool Cleaners:
Robotic pool cleaners do not use your pool equipment but rather are powered from your home and a standard GFCI outlet. They significantly reduce the wear and tear on your pool equipment, have much lower energy costs and consumption, and provide superior cleaning. Robotic pool cleaners remove large and small debris from the onboard integrated filtration system. Just install the robotic cleaner in your pool and let it work. The robot cleans all areas of the pool effortlessly. They are efficient, economical, and always keep your pool beautiful and ready to enjoy. Now here you’ll get the answer about what are the best robotic pool cleaners.
Advantages: superior cleaning, energy-saving, eliminates wear and tear on swimming pool equipment.
Disadvantages: higher purchase cost requires emptying the filter.
Dolphin’s premier robotic pool cleaner cleans up anything from leaves to algae and dust. This pool cleaner tool can provide superior, efficient cleaning. This machine’s 180-watt motors save energy. It is able to clean a pool pretty quickly. It combines powerful brushing action. Though it is costly enough, it is one of the best-rated robotic pool cleaners on the market.
- Product Dimensions 23.5* 20* 14 inches
- Product weight 36.2 lbs
- It has a smart navy scanning system.
- It comes with premier’s anti-tangle swivel.
- Energy-efficient 180-watt power motor.
- Sturdy scrubbing brush for removing algae from walls.
If you want to take over your pool cleaning responsibility, then let the Dolphin nautilus cc plus automatic robot pool cleaner do that. It will be the best ideal decision for you. Without any hassle, you just have your pool cleaned with this machine. This Robotic pool cleaner power supply can scan the pool for optimal cleaning path. Nautilus CC Plus can easily handle a larger pool and clean longer between maintenance downtime periods. CC plus has a large and best tangle-free operation filter. It included advanced clever, clean technology that uses the most efficient route and so smart navigation system. It requires a standard 120v power outlet. The best temperatures you can use it are between 43 and 93 degrees.
- Product Dimensions: 16*10*16 inches
- Product Weight 19 pounds.
- It comes with a tremendously smart, cleaning system.
- It has a dual-layered Ultra-fine filter system.
- Cleaning is more comfortable and faster with this beast.
- The filters are slightly large.
- It has a long cord for excellent reach.
Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic pool cleaner has one of the most exceptional filtrations in the industry. Removing sand, bacteria, silt, and algae are very easy with this machine. This is a fully automatic robotic pool cleaner that can vacuum rectangular flat-surface, round or oval surfaces. Aquabot assists you in saving energy, chemicals, and water. It is designed to maintain all types of cleaning work related to the pool. This is a foolproof, proven, affordable, and simple robotic pool cleaner in the market. This pool rover can vacuum 5400 square feet p/h through a filtration rate of 4200 gallons.
- Product Dimensions 21*18*19 inches
- Product Weight 10 pounds.
- Self-contained pump.
- It has a 24-volt pump motor.
- Easy built-in 2-micron reusable bag filtration system.
- Convenient power supply with a 40-foot cable.
- Provide both performance and safety.
- Hydro-Robotic Technology.
Suction VS Pressure Pool Cleaners – Which type of pool cleaner is more efficient?
Suction Pool Cleaners:
These type of pool cleaners, also known as “automatic pool vacuums,” are the most popular type of cleaners. They use suction power to draw debris into the filter system, which then traps and collects dirt or debris. Suction pool cleaners typically feature a disc or wheeled base with brushes and/or fins that help agitate and capture particles as they move across the pool’s surface. Suction cleaners are generally considered to be inexpensive to purchase and operate, however, they can require more frequent maintenance when compared to pressure or robotic models.
Pressure Pool Cleaners:
Pressure pool cleaners use a combination of pressurized water from the return line plus an internal filter bag to collect debris. Unlike the suction cleaner, these cleaners move around the pool using water pressure and are known for their ability to clean walls and tight corners effectively. The downside of pressure cleaners is that they require more frequent maintenance as debris needs to be removed from the filter bag often. Pressure cleaners also typically cost more than suction models.
Robotic Pool Cleaners:
Robotic pool cleaners are powered by electricity and use an onboard motor to drive a cleaning brush across the surface of your pool. These machines offer maximum automated performance with little need for manual attention — once set up, robotic pool cleaners can run for several hours at a time without supervision. Robotic cleaners come with sensors that allow them to detect and avoid obstacles, making them the most efficient pool cleaners on the market. However, they also tend to be the most expensive option.
Are there any pros and cons to each type of pool cleaner?
Yes, there are pros and cons to each type of pool cleaner:
Automatic Pool Cleaner (Suction-side):
- Relatively inexpensive compared to other types of cleaners.
- Easy to install and operate.
- Does not require additional hookups or pumps.
- Not suitable for cleaning walls or steps.
- Can be slow at cleaning the entire pool.
Pressure Pool Cleaner:
- More efficient than suction-side cleaners as the water is forced through a separate filter bag before being returned to the pool.
- Suitable for cleaning pools with complex shapes and contours, such as walls and steps.
- Requires a separate pump or booster to provide the pressure needed for cleaning.
- Can be more expensive than suction-side cleaners.
Robotic Pool Cleaner:
- Automatically cleans the entire pool, including walls and steps.
- A most advanced type of cleaner, providing the best overall performance.
- Generally more expensive than other types of cleaners due to their advanced features.
- Must be plugged in or require batteries for operation.
We have discussed the Suction VS Pressure Pool Cleaners. These all models are top-rated best pool cleaners both for small and large swimming pools. Although everyone has unique tastes and requirements, as pool cleaners have various features and various types of qualities, this article will help you in your quest for the best pool cleaner. Once you find out your required pool, just purchase it and give your valuable opinion.